Best and "next" practices of marketing communication firms
July 31, 2013 | Author: Tim Williams
Clearly, a strong positioning is the most differentiating thing an agency can do (see www.standforyourbrand.com), but there are countless other missed opportunities to differentiate both in terms of style and substance.
July 1, 2013 | Author: Ignition
If you’re among the many agencies who have begun to diversify their compensation agreement portfolio, it’s essential to understand the factors you should consider that transcend evaluating your internal costs. In setting a price based on value instead of cost, the essential question is “If we accomplished these goals, what would be the value to the client?” The price is also determined by the answers to seven important questions:
November 15, 2012 | Author: Ignition
“In the last decade, the best 10 percent of companies captured more than 85 percent of the market value created in the world.” So say authors and business consultants Chris Zook and James Allen, who have studied the question of business success extensively over the years. In the agency world, Jon Bond and Richard Kirshenbaum once remarked “There are perhaps as few as 40 or 50 agencies in the United States that can actually manufacture a good campaign, and possibly 10 that do it consistently.” That’s a pretty tough standard. This paper plumbs the depths of the question “What makes great agencies great.” For starters, let’s don’t confuse greatness with bigness.
July 3, 2012 | Author: Ignition
The advertising agency business model was built largely on the idea that brand building is a long-term proposition, and that awareness builds with repetition. The dot-com era ushered in a school of thought that brands could and should be built much faster. Dot com marketers wanted an “instant brand” to accompany their “instant company.” But most students of brand development agree that strong brands are not built overnight. Branding just doesn’t work that way.
March 1, 2012 | Author: Ignition
Among established agencies, how many would you say have fully and successfully made the transition from “traditional” to “digital?” Ignition’s answer is only about 20%. That’s not to say the other 80% aren’t doing any digital work; of course most of them are. But that doesn’t mean they have crossed the digital chasm.
January 26, 2012 | Author: Ignition
Business is at the nexus of the Great Recession and the Great Transformation of Marketing. The tried-and-true marketing approaches, born of an advertising industry that is more than 100 years old, are losing their effectiveness.
January 4, 2012 | Author: Ignition
Instead of the standard business development and prospecting techniques, are you employing more effective ways of marketing your agency brand? Here’s a list of the things your firm should be doing.
December 20, 2011 | Author: Ignition
“Does new business have to be this difficult?” It’s a question Ignition increasingly hears from agencies around the country and around the world. Business development is in fact much harder than it used to be. And it’s not just the economic recession that’s causing the problem.
December 5, 2011 | Author: Ignition
Agencies need both generalists and specialists. Generalists are the people who need to know a little about a lot. Specialists know a lot about a little. Both are important roles, and both are essential in order to effectively serve today’s clients.
November 16, 2011 | Author: Ignition
Have you ever met an advertising agency that doesn’t describe itself as “integrated?” Not likely. It’s actually one of those words – like quality and leadership – that has almost lost its meaning because it’s used so much.
Questions or feedback? Contact us.
Copyright © 2013 Ignition Consulting Group, Inc. Terms of Service