WORKSHOP PRESENTED BY IGNITION'S TIM WILLIAMS
No professional services firm can serve all customers in all markets with all services. The most successful enterprises never attempt to be all things to all people, but rather specific things to specific people. They have developed strong, differentiating answers to the essential questions that constitute the foundation of an effective positioning strategy:
WHAT are your outstanding competencies? In which areas could the firm be considered best-in-class?
WHO is your ideal customer? What types of categories does the firm know best?
HOW can your firm be distinguished by the way it thinks? What are your unique philosophies, methods or approaches?
WHY is your firm in business in the first place? Beyond making money, what is your purpose?
Once your positioning strategy has been defined, you must then ask “What needs to change in our organization in order for us to bring our positioning to life in everything we do?” This in-depth workshop shows how you and your team can work together to ensure that your positioning strategy is reflected in the following five key areas of your business:
1. Service & Structure
- Developing and refining competencies needed to support the positioning strategy
- Developing unique intellectual capital/proprietary processes to support positioning
- Determining internal vs. external capabilities
- Reframing or updating organizational structure to better support positioning
- Establishing or improving methods of measuring success
- Acquiring additional information resources needed to fulfill positioning
2. Staff Management & Talent Development
- Hiring and recruiting talent to support the positioning strategy
- Career development that supports the positioning strategy
- Recognition and benefits programs based on a positioning-related theme
- New associate orientation programs that reflect the positioning
- Professional development designed to support the positioning
- Internal communication to increase awareness and understanding of the positioning
3. Self-Promotion & New Business
- A brand identity that reflects the positioning
- New or updated website that communicates the positioning strategy
- Client selection standards based on positioning strategy
- Content marketing and social media program centered around the positioning
- New business materials and presentations that feature the positioning strategy
- Case studies that highlight the positioning strategy
- Publicity program built on the positioning
4. Systems & Processes
- Unique internal processes that support the positioning
- Workflow management systems that help deliver on the positioning
- Technology that augments the positioning
- Pricing and compensation approach that leverages the strategy
5. Staging & Resources
- Reflecting the positioning in “first impressions” and other brand touch points
- Showcasing the positioning in the workspace and working environment
- Providing spaces and resources that enable people to cultivate areas of expertise
- Establishing knowledge bases that centralize sources of expertise
By identifying the key initiatives in each of these areas – and then executing on these initiatives – you bring the agency’s business practices into alignment with the agency positioning. This workshop will show you how.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This content is designed for senior professionals in advertising and marketing firms and is particularly appropriate for agency leaders and managers.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Tim Williams is founder of Ignition Consulting Group, a leading U.S.-based consultancy devoted to helping agencies and other professional firms create and capture more value. Tim is a noted author, international speaker, and presenter for major associations, networks, and business conferences worldwide. He is author of two books on business strategy and has authored numerous articles in leading marketing and business publications. Tim writes the popular blog “Propulsion” and was selected by LinkedIn as a global LinkedIn Influencers in the area of marketing. As a consultant to agencies, law firms, accounting firms and other professional services, Tim has worked with hundreds of firms ranging from mid-size independents to multinational networks in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Before forming Ignition, Tim worked at global agencies in New York and elsewhere, and more recently served as president of several successful mid-sized firms in the United States.
This topic can be presented as a full-day or half-day event. A webinar version is available as well. For details and pricing, please contact us.